Wonderful local farm is now hiring a Food Safety/Quality Manager with generous compensation and benefits. Amazing opportunity to be a part of unique company and culture!
POSITION LOCATION: Newport, TN
The Food Safety & Quality manager will be responsible for developing, implementing, reviewing and maintaining policies, programs and procedures relating to food safety and quality for regulatory, customer, and GFSI requirements.
- Follows all workplace Environmental Health & Safety, Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
- Researches and implements procedures to comply with the FDA and USDA Regulations
- Accountable for and will lead facility in-house and third party audits, GMP & sanitation inspections and liaison with regulatory personnel.
- Ensures food products meet regulatory, company, and customer standards.
- Manages and oversees all food safety programs. This includes but is not limited to HACCP, Food Defense, Pest Control, Preventive Controls, GMP’s, Supplier Controls, Waste Management and any programs related with GFSI compliance.
- Manages documentation related to all Food Safety Programs. This includes editing and developing policies as required.
- Serves as HACCP Coordinator, PCQI, GFSI Coordinator, and supervises the Sanitarians.
- Establishes and coordinates facility and farm training procedures and schedule. Oversees training of employees in quality assurance procedures including GMP’s.
- Oversees manufacturing and production process compliance to Food Safety guidelines.
- Serves as liaison between the Company, customers, and suppliers for food safety and GMP related issues.
- Prepares reports and maintains records related to food safety and quality programs, policies and procedures and audits and inspections.
- May be assigned additional duties as needed.
- Occasionally may travel for educational purposes, visiting suppliers, and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Has knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations related to Food Safety & Quality in the areas of GMP’s, HACCP, FSMA and GFSI.
- HACCP and PCQI Certified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees, management, customers and regulatory personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate scientific field, with minimum of 2 years of Quality Assurance experience. . Prior experience with agriculture operations is a plus.
- Exceptional computer skills with MS Office products and comfortable learning new software programs.
Working conditions include the ability to work inside in warm and cold environments and outside during all seasons. Work involves occasional lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Contact AccuForce in Morristown, TN at 423-587-1919 or send an email expressing your interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply in person at 1125 W 1st North St in Morristown.